Monday, March 7, 2011

Whining but Smiling

I’ve been feeling crappy more than usual but it’s not only because of the dehydration that breastfeeding causes or the sleepless nights of having a new baby… let’s blame most of my mood swings to the husband. (Long story, and adding the story here would change the title to Whining and Contemplating).

Moving on to the real topic of motherhood, I never thought it would be this difficult. Being pregnant was hard enough, the labor, the epidural and C-section were hell-ish… and now, the every 2hr wake-up call for milk-burp time, diaper change and cradle-to-sleep adds up to the torture of the hurting-yet-itchy-now-healing-stitches on my tummy.

Born to kick ass...

During my pregnancy, I’ve been complaining about my dark armpits, swollen and hurting breasts, my extra kilos and yes, my extra pimples and bigger nose. Now, the fatigue brought upon by sleepless nights seem to make my previous complains a little better. I would prefer having dark armpits and swollen-hurting breasts than lack sleep and feel dehydrated due to constant breast-pumping (baby is having a hard time latching). I also lost appetite, which I think is good for my “ehem” figure, but unfortunately not good for my baby who “slightly” depends on my milk (slightly, because my milk is running short so I need to give him formula milk as well)… so I have no choice but to eat whatever “soupy” variand or masabaw na ulam that mom serves.

Sigh, having a baby is truly and undeniably difficult… nevertheless rewarding. Seeing my little Euan smile, hearing him make little noises while he sleeps and holding his fragile little body close to my heart is enough to disregard all the pain. Ahhh.. the joys of motherhood! :-)


My little miracle...