Thursday, November 5, 2015

Starbucks Free Lifetime Pass

You know you're a coffee addict when you jolt right out of bed upon reading a group message saying that if you share a link to your newsfeed and friends, you'll get a lifetime pass from the coffee expert, Starbucks.

The link says that if you share the link to your Facebook newsfeed and to five of your friends or groups, you'll get a lifetime pass to Starbucks. It's in "celebration" of the coffee shop's 44th year anniversary.



I was so excited that I immediately shared the link on my newsfeed and sent it to some of my friends. Then when the "Click Here To Get Your Lifetime Pass" button didn't work, I decided to check Google for more information.

Turns out, it's just a survey SCAM.

A lot of people fall victim to these kinds of scams and honestly, we can't blame them. Often, the offer is too tempting to pass.

Anyway, for me, it's a lesson learned. I'm so embarrassed when I told my friends to ignore my message. I also had to go to the group pages to delete my posts.

So from now on, believe what the wisemen say: if it's too good to be true, it probably is.


Want to know more about this scam? Read it here.