Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Cookie Monster Mode: [Easy] Colourful Raisin Cookies

Colourful Raisin Cookies (I added Cinnamon to other batch)
Been craving for cookies this past week. I've been baking cookies on a daily basis! Yes, I know it's bad for someone who's on the brink of diabetes, but when you're suffering from uncontrollable craving for sugar, there's no way to go but to give in.

I've taken into consideration that too much sweets will shorten my life span, so the cookies I baked a had less sugar than the ordinary cookies I bake. I even played with the recipes and turned them into my own cookie-experiments. I don't usually write down the recipe of my cooking/baking experiments, but since baking is more science (meaning it follows precise measurements unlike cooking), I know I needed to write it down or memorize it in order to make it perfect for next time.

Here's my latest "just got lucky" aka "tsamba" cookie recipe:



Colorful Raisin Cookies

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cup of cookie base (see recipe here)
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup canola oil (you can use whatever cooking oil you have)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoon milk
1 egg
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 teaspoon red food colouring (or whatever color you like)
1/2 teaspoon green food colouring
Optional: a pinch of cinnamon 


Instructions:
1. Preheat oven, 350ยบ
2. Using a hand mixer, mix the cookie base and melted butter for 30 seconds to a minute, low speed. You know it's good to go when it looks like cookie crumbs.
3. Add the egg, vanilla, milk, raisins and oil. Mix until well combined.
4. Separate half of the mix. Add the red food colouring and mix. Add the green food colouring on the other half.
4. Get each of coloured mix and roll them into a ball. Arrange cookies onto a cookie sheet, at least 1 inch apart.
5. Bake for 10 minutes.